The Yare Valley Society is keeping a watching brief on the new Masterplan emerging for East Norwich and has engaged in a Zoom consultation with other stakeholders.
The Masterplan will embrace four sites:
- Carrow Works – the former Colman’s factory site
- Deal Ground – large site east of the railway
- May Gurney – former HQ site for local firm
- Utilities sites – former power station site
The Masterplan will impact on the Yare Valley, and the Society’s objectives in relation to the Masterplan are:
- To safeguard the green infrastructure corridor of the Yare Valley.
- To promote biodiversity in the Valley
- To promote walking and cycling routes along the valley to Whitlingham Country Park and to link them with the River Wensum walking and cycling routes.
Information on the developing Masterplan can be found here.