Our three representatives on the Yare Valley Society Eco Fair display were kept very busy throughout by interested and enquiring viewers. The display highlighted the important roles the Yare Valley green corridor has in promoting biodiversity and combatting the effects of climate change:
- It is a wildlife highway for the migration of flora and fauna
- Its wildflowers sustain pollinators
- Its grazing livestock promote biodiversity
- Its vegetation and marshes reduce flood damage and pollution
- Its marshes and woodlands act as a carbon sink
- Its ease of access for a large urban population reduces carbon emissions by reducing dependence on car use.
It referred also to the factors that continue to threaten the Yare Valley in performing its roles effectively.
The photo was taken prior to opening – after that it was largely hidden by people!
Detail of Panels: