McCarthy Stone are carrying out a pre-planning application consultation for Phase 3 of their development on Bluebell Road. Unfortunately, the window for a response is very short, being barely a week, ending on Saturday 19th February.
The consultation is here.
Pre-application consultations are a valuable opportunity to influence the detail of an application prior to its submission. Once an application has been submitted for approval its details are more difficult to change.
Phase 1 of the development was for more than 60 residences which have already been occupied. Phase 2 of more than 40 residences already has planning approval, but has not yet been started. Phase 3 will be for over 100 residences in apartments and bungalows, and should complete the development of the site. The Strawberry field has already been released as public green space, and more public green space will be released to the west of the residences as the development progresses. Marshland adjacent to the river will also be protected.
Please make a response to the application if you feel able. Some things you might think about with respect to the Valley are:
- Protection of views from the Yare Valley including the Strawberry Field and other released green space. Some buildings are three storey.
- Views from Bluebell Road through the development towards the valley.
- Access to green space from the development and through the development from the Bluebell Road.
- Layout and character of footpaths in green space.
- How green space areas should be managed in the future.
- Permeability of the development to wildlife
- Is this density of housing and level of parking spaces appropriate for a development adjacent to the Yare Valley Green Infrastructure corridor?